Monday 20 October 2014

Serious financial blunders I have attempted in university

I have learned a very basic thing from my childhood that saving money is a good habit. And honestly I followed that habit for many years but I don’t know after taking admission in university why I gave up this habit. Well, company also matters a lot. Anyways, I am a self employed person and have a part time job, but still my parents advise me to figure out money for educational purposes and obtain good grades in every semester. But unfortunately I never considered their advises and attempted some stupid blunders that caused severe damages that definitely linger for decades. 
So let’s take a look and please do not revise the mistakes again, as this is only shared as a lesson for you.



Misusing of credit cards:

This is a biggest blunder that many students usually commit. They appear as a most attractive and suitable offer for them initially, we can buy all the expensive items we want and can take part in different reward programs. But after getting all those privileges I realized I have made a blunder because I wasn't able to pay the high interest rates and could not afford their unfavorable terms. Even if sometimes I used the credit card rarely then still they demand for taxes and billings. Credit cards should only use for good purposes as they are the biggest means to raise your credit history. So I am not saying you should avoid the usage, but be moderate in terms of high usage. If I had tried further in exploring the alternatives then I had a choice to acquire quick cash with immediate approvals and can enjoy the cash until I receive my next paycheck. But unfortunately no one guided me to that path and I indulged myself in a very heavy responsibility.



Mistreated my student loan:

Getting student loan is not at all a bad option if you need it badly. Many parents cannot afford their child to get educated so they feel compel to avail the opportunity but yes I agree, that I have mistreated the bright option. These loans are beneficial only if you use them for necessary educational needs, but when you use start overspending from this money then it might cause serious problem. Initially we think that yes we can easily repay them after getting degree but remember things are not always work out as you have planned.

Chosen most expensive university:

Do you really think the name of institution matters in your degree? Yes it matters sometime, but not every time. Every student has a dream of joining a prestigious institute but this might not be the better decision financially. Sometimes it proved the worst decision of your life when you need to pay high fee and you don’t have enough financial support. If you are experiencing some financial troubles then I will recommend you to join inexpensive institute initially and then after finding worth income resource try joining some high level institute.
Sometimes we have upfront solutions, but we usually overlook them to enjoy more privileges, but be careful these privileges often prove harmful for your future. L


No comments:

Post a Comment